11-15 November, 2018
(part of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences)
Conference Theme: Elevate, Engage, Collaborate
ABSTRACTS DUE: 23 September, 2018
When we look around, science communication is everywhere. You see it in museums, in television documentaries, in newspapers, on the radio, in science magazines, social media and the growth in citizen science. In Australia, we have a whole week devoted to science outreach. But how do we know whether any given effort in communicating science among public audiences is effective? And by which aims and objectives are those efforts measured?
We are interested in authors who want to share their research insights to improve science communication practice and evaluation. We invite accomplished researchers, academics, and professionals as well as students and early career professionals to submit abstracts for consideration for the conference research stream. These might explore the following suggested topics (this is not an exhaustive list):
• Studies investigating the effectiveness of science communication practices: systematic examination of strategies and impacts
• Critical and/or innovative approaches to science communication evaluation and research
• Applying science communication research and evaluation to practice
• Research from different fields that informs or sheds a different light on science communication practices
• Building a theoretical basis for science communication
In an abstract of not more than 300 words, please provide an overview of the paper including the main argument or contribution, an indication of the data , methods/approaches and/or insights.
The papers will be delivered as oral presentations in the academic research stream. Each paper will have 15 minutes for delivery (10-12 minutes oral presentation followed by 3-5 minute Q&A). Submissions will be peer reviewed. Everyone who submits a proposal will be sent an email in early-October 2018 to advise them if their proposal has been accepted or not.
Please submit to: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asc20181 by 11.59pm AEST, Sunday 23 September, 2018.
Submissions must include:
• Author(s): name, organization/institution
• Email address (corresponding author)
• 300 word abstract (not including references)
• Name, title, email address and phone number of corresponding author
• Corresponding author bio and photo (either by website URL supplied or as a separate upload)
** Please note if you have not previously entered a submission, you are required to register with EasyChair. Please ensure you either provide a web link containing your bio and photo or upload a bio and photo with your submission at the link above to be considered for the program.**
Submissions due in: