The following program is provisional in nature and subject to change as planning proceeds.
Be sure to check the website regularly for updates.
The conference will run for a full 3 days (Monday-Wednesday) after some optional Sunday socials, plus a full day of optional post-conference workshops on the Thursday, 8 workshops to choose from!
There are a number of limited capacity events running during the conference, read more on the Special Events page here. Register for relevant sessions and workshops during registration to ensure your place.
If you have a specific program question please contact program.committee /at/ asc.asn.au
- 11 November (Sunday) – Pre-conference workshop, Tour & Cabaret
- 12 November (Monday)
- 13 November (Tuesday)
- 14 November (Wednesday)
- 15 November (Thursday) – Post-conference workshops & Tours
- Speaker Index, November 11 to 15
- Session Index (find sessions by category)
- Foyer, Level 2, the conference registration/foyer area
- Theatre, Level 2 down the stairs to the right of the registration/foyer area
- Theatrette, Level 2 behind the registration/foyer area
- L1 and L2 and L3, Level 2 to the left of the registration/foyer area, down the hallway and through the doors on the right
- Turbine Hall, Level 1 next to the Experimentations exhibit
- Board Room, Level 5 accessed from the lift at reception on Level 3 (main entrance)
- Catering, Level 2 opposite L1 and L2 and L3 to the left of the registration/foyer area, down the hallway and through the doors on the right
Day 1: Sunday 11 November 2018
- 10:30: Pre-conference workshop: The power of podcast #S1 [purchase separately or free for conference+workshop delegates] 4 hrs (Ultimo Community Centre, Seminar Room 1, 40 William Henry Street, Ultimo)
- 16:15: Sydney Opera House Tour #S2 [$40/person, delegates and partners welcome, pre-booking essential]
- 18:30: Sci Comm Cabaret: Creative Science Communication in the Pub #S3 [purchase separately public ticketed event, all welcome! Free for delegates but must RSVP during registration]
Book special Sunday events and the Monday screening through the registration portal.
Day 2: Monday 12 November 2018
Day 3: Tuesday 13 November 2018
Day 4: Wednesday 14 November 2018
Day 5: Thursday 15 November 2018 (Post-Conference Workshops + Tours)
Purchase separately or free for conference+workshop delegates (RSVP during registration).
A full day of catered professional development workshops* or delegate tours.
* Some have strictly limited places. All workshops are now confirmed. We will contact all workshop ticket holders closer to the time to confirm final RSVPs.
Please direct questions about the program to email@example.com.