When: Thursday 15th November, 10:00am – 1:30pm
Where: ANSTO Discovery Centre, New Illawarra Road, Lucas Heights
Come behind the scenes at ANSTO and see how nuclear-based science is helping to deliver benefits to all Australians
ANSTO is pleased to invite you to attend this special tour as a part of the 2018 ASC conference – places are limited so please register early
The ANSTO Lucas Heights campus employs over 500 scientists, engineers and technicians, answering significant questions relating to human health, the environment, nuclear fuel cycle and industry utilising nuclear techniques.
The tour will include a visit to some of Australia’s most critical scientific and medical infrastructure including the:
- Open Pool Australian Light-water (OPAL) multi-purpose reactor, globally regarded as the most efficient reactor in the world;
- Centre for Neutron Scattering, a suite of world-leading scientific instruments
- Centre for Accelerator Science, one of the southern hemisphere’s largest environment research centres.
- New Mo-99 Production Facility, which is dramatically increasing ANSTO’s production capacity of the most important nuclear medicine.
Along the way, we will share insights into the challenges and learnings of communicating the benefits of the misunderstood world of nuclear.
MUST BE WEARING ENCLOSED SHOES (that cover the whole foot) AND TROUSERS/PANTS
Maximum of 20 people.
1) Meet at Central Train Station (Platform 25) at 8:40am to catch train to Sutherland Station (ANSTO will pick up and drop off the group at Sutherland Train Station)
2) Drive to ANSTO Discovery Centre – meet at 9:50am.